So my makeup buddy, Zovesta over at Glamour Vortex, was nominated for the Liebster Award (cue the applause, ladies and gents!) and she nominated me. Yay! It’s been forever since I’ve done one of these so I thought, “Why not?” Beauty tags are always have fun!
1. What is your makeup inspiration?
I absolutely love the makeup style in the 1960s! It was all about big, bold doll-like eyes and that’s totally my thing. I wish my lashes were as long and luscious as Twiggy’s and that I could master that killer bottom lash she had going on. Trust me I’ve tried lol. Thank goodness I have my YSL gel liner and Kiss falsies!
2. Do you change makeup styles often?
Sadly, no. Ironically, I don’t wear makeup much. I mostly wear it when I’m heading out with friends and family or a quick look for work–and pressed for time. So I’m quick to stick to the basics to get in and out. I do need to start going out more so I can rock all this makeup more!
3. What’s your favourite season?
It’s a tie between summer and fall. I love the summer weather, vibes and clothes but I also love the same things about fall. They’re both pretty awesome seasons
4. Best drugstore purchase vs your best mid-high-end purchase?
The best drugstore purchase at the moment would have it be Neutrogena’s new Hydro Boost line. I received a sample of the Gel Cream in my Target Spring Beauty Box and I liked it so much that I went and grabbed the full size and the eye gel. I’m currently addicted! The best high end purchase I’ve made lately hands down goes to my Dior Nude Air foundation. That stuff is so good! It makes my skin look amazing–like I’m not wearing anything at all. Plus, its soo easy to apply and it smells like flowers. I highly recommend it!
5. Do you budget for your cosmetics ahead of time, or just do it spur of the moment for fun?
A little of both. Usually, I plan things out for budgeting purposes but sometimes I get to the store and grab a few extra things. One of the main reasons I prefer online shopping.
6. What’s been on your telly lately?
Sons of Anarchy. I’ve been binge watching for about a week now and it’s pretty good!
7. What’s the oddest compliment you’ve ever received?
I’ve had men stop me about my feet before lol. While I appreciate the compliment I still think it’s a little odd.
8. Nonfiction or fiction?
Nonfiction. I love learning new things! I’m currently in the middle of reading #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso of Nasty Gal. I really like it so far! She’s very honest and balls-y. I think it’s a great read for women who like to think outside of the box and wish to achieve the American Dream her own way.
9. How much has your makeup style changed over the years?
My makeup style has gotten a bit softer now that I have less time to play in eyeshadow lol. I used to use a lot of different bright, bold colors but those require a lot of blending. So, yeah.
10. What’s some makeup you know isn’t the most flattering, but you wear and rock anyway just because you love it?
11. Shaken or stirred? =P Alright… cream or powders?
Lol do I really have to choose? I guess if I did, I’d choose powders since creams require setting
In Liebster Award tradition, it’s only right that I tag a few of my fave bloggers with a few beauty questions. Here we go!
1. What is the oldest beauty product in your stash?
2. How long does it take you to do your makeup?
3. Sephora or Ulta?
4. What’s your favorite shampoo?
5. What’s your favorite pink lipstick?
6. Where do you do your makeup?
7. Are you a budget beauty shopper or a splurging diva? (Excellent question, Zovesta! Had to use it =D)
8. Who taught you how to apply makeup?
9. What’s one beauty product you can’t live without?
10. Name 5 things in your makeup bag.
I tag all of you, for starters! And I’d also like to nominate: