My makeup pal Zovesta suggested that I give you a tour of my vanity but here it is! I remember when I first started learning how to apply makeup. The bathroom was the place to be back then–eyeshadow palettes sprawled across the counter with lipstick and liners in the sink as I’m reaching over my toothbrush to apply my falsies. Ahh the good ol’ days!
Once I started getting the hang of things, I couldn’t wait to upgrade to a vanity. As glamorous as bathroom makeup applications can be I longed to sit down comfortably in my room and paint my face like a lady. So I did what any reasonable makeup junkie would do with an abnormally large vanity-type dresser top. Turn it into a makeup vanity! I can’t tell you how much easier my vanity has made my life since then. But I can tell you, however, that it’s impossible to keep clean these days! That’s why I had to hurry and give you guys a quick tour while it’s clean. For the moment.
Here’s the center of my makeup vanity. As you may recognize, this is where a lot of the action takes place. I take most of my blog pictures and swatches here and this is also the area where I sit when I’m applying my makeup. In this area, you’ll find:
- My Barbie lipstick set box filled with random pink lippies (find out what’s inside here)
- A pink NARS coffret (came with my Schiap set) filled with my Too Faced Melted Lipstick minis
- A black Marc Jacobs coffret (from the holiday eyeliner set) filled with mini Highliner Gel Eye Crayons and my full sized Too Faced Liquid Lipsticks
- My MAC Daddy’s Little Girl Lipstick because there’s no longer any room in my organizers. Le sigh.
- My Dior fragrance pins that I wear for work
- 2 NARS Multiples–Puerto Vallarta and Siam Matte Multiple
- Physicians Formula Nude Wear Bronzer (for shits and giggles ’cause it’s really cute)
And if you peek behind all that stuff, you’ll see a portion of my perfume collection lined up along my mirror. These aren’t all the scents that I own but rather the ones that I find myself reaching for the most. Including:
- Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Parfum
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum
- Chanel Chance Eau Tendre
- Dior Addict 2 Eau de Toilette
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Parfum Sensations Velours
- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme Eau de Parfum
- Prada Candy Eau de Parfum
And finally, I have all those Bed, Bath & Beyond makeup organizers I collected last year stacked into the right side of my vanity. There’s also another organizer and 2 oversized Hello Kitty mugs full of brushes. But that area is always messy as it’s right by my bed. So yeah. We’ll skip that and focus on the organizers for a sec!
At the very top, there’s an open organizer that’s filled with my daily go to products and some limited edition MAC lipsticks. This is where I like to toss my favorite foundations, concealer, primer and such for easy access. Below, are drawers and drawers filled with, you guessed it, lipsticks and glosses. From high end to drugstore, there’s probably about 100 lipsticks and glosses hiding in there that honestly need to be switched out for lippies I use more often. I think I’m gonna hold off on the reorganizing until I get some bigger (and better) organizers with deeper drawers. As you can imagine, I’ve run out of space for just about everything so it’s causing extra clutter on my vanity which I don’t need any help with. Once I finally grab a new camera and some YouTube equipment a trip to The Container Store and Muji is definitely in order!
What’s all on your vanity?