Instagram is a dangerous place to be when you’re trying not to buy makeup! After buying what feels like 50-11 eyeshadow palettes over the past 6 months I was hell bent on not buying another one until next year at least. A girl’s gotta have some boundaries! At least when it comes to eyeshadow. I plead the fifth when it comes to lipsticks and highlighters. But anyway! When the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette dropped¸it was praised all over as the eyeshadow palette everyone needs. It couldn’t scroll Instagram (or Facebook) for more than 2 minutes before seeing someone raving about how magical the Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette is. Which I understood. Anastasia Beverly Hills did a bang up job with the color scheme.
Modern Renaissance is all about warm neutrals but without the heavy overload of boring browns. Instead, Anastasia Beverly Hills treated us to some burnt oranges, berry pinks and hint of warm browns to sport dazzling eyes all day and night. The lineup includes:
- Tempera beige with an ultra matte finish
- Golden Ochre earthly yellow with an ultra matte finish
- Vermeer iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco antique lavender with an ultra matte finish
- Antique Bronze metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter raspberry with an ultra matte finish
- Cyprus Umber dark coffee with an ultra matte finish
- Raw Sienna neutral amber with an ultra matte finish
- Burnt Orange deep orange with an ultra matte finish
- Primavera shimmery gold with an ultra matte finish
- Red Ochre sienna with an ultra matte finish
- Venetian Red crimson with an ultra matte finish
- Warm Taupe earthy gray with an ultra matte finish
- Realgar brick with an ultra matte finish
I kept telling myself that I had plenty of dupes for these shades in my stash so adding Modern Renaissance to my collection just wasn’t necessary. *Spongebob Squarepants voice * I don’t need it! But I did. The moment I laid eyes on Modern Renaissance in person I knew my self control wasn’t going to last much longer. I kinda sorta have dupes for Realgar and Cyprus Umber because those are my go to crease shades. But Love Letter, Venetian Red and Red Ochre? Nope! Those were 3 extra crease shades that could make my life (and makeup) so much more fun and colorful so I went ahead and snatched up Modern Renaissance.
And let me tell you, I don’t regret a thing! The Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette is all it’s cracked up to be. The colors are vibrant and crazy pigmented. The lightest touch of your brush gives you enough color to last all day long even without a primer. The formula also seems pretty consistent across the board. I’ve tried Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Realgar and Cyprus Umber so far and each shade has the same velvety soft texture and rich pigmentation that’s very easy to blend. They’re all a bit on the powdery side (especially Cyprus Umber) but each shade adheres to the skin well and blends like a charm without looking chalky or muddy. So far, I’m very impressed with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette and I’m super happy that it’s permanent. I truly believe any and every makeup lover could benefit from having Modern Renaissance in her collection. It’s so gorgeous!
Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber, Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taupe and Realgar
Rocking Red Ochre and Cyprus Umber in my crease with Primavera on my lids