Bringing out your eyes is the easiest way to add a touch of glamour to your everyday look. We get so hung up on an even complexion that we sometimes forget to enhance our eyes too.
I know you’re over there probably over thinking, “Fancie, I don’t have all day to sit doing my makeup!”
I get it, girl! I’d be lying through my teeth if I said I enjoyed waking up extra early to do my makeup. That’s why I’m sharing a few of my favorite (and quick!) beauty tips for bringing out your eyes in a pinch!
Fill in Your Brows!
You don’t have to go all out with Instagram brows! But you can naturally fill in your brows to give them a boost. Your brows frame your face. It’s important to keep them shaped and groomed to best fit your face. Then you can add little brow pencil, pomade or even eyeshadow (if you have thick brows) to make them look more defined in 2 easy steps:
- Make short, quick strokes using your brow pencil or brush in the direction your hairs naturally grow.
- Be sure to keep a brow brush handy to blend! Take a brow spoolie and lightly brush through your brows to soften any harsh lines or edges
If you’re feeling fancy, you can apply a bit of concealer or foundation around your brows to make them look extra defined and clean.
Add a Little Liner!
Adding a little eyeliner is the easiest way to make your eyes pop! Eyeliner shapes your eyes and makes your lashes look more full. You don’t have to go for a dramatic winged liner either! A simple tight line or even a small flick for a cute cat eye works just fine too.
Mascara Goes a Long Way!
You’d be surprised how far a little mascara goes! A coat or two of a good mascara will take your lashes from 0 to 60 in a matter of minutes. Start at the base and wiggle your mascara wand up to the tips to give your lashes a glam boost.
Pop On Some Falsies!
Got an extra 5 minutes to spare? Throw on some lashes, honey! Applying false lashes seems difficult but it’s honestly not. Patience and a steady hand are key! Here’s some quick falsies tips:
- Apply a thin line of adhesive along the band of the lash. Using too much adhesive increases the dry down time making application more difficult and messy.
- Wait a few seconds for the adhesive to get tacky before applying your falsies. This is crucial! Letting the adhesive dry a bit makes it tackier and much easier to apply your falsies securely.
- Secure the ends! Using your fingers or tweezers, secure the end of the lash band on both corners of your eyes. Gently push the band close to your lash line until you feel a secure hold and the adhesive has dried.
Get the look!
Here’s a rundown on what I used to glam up my eyes for this natural look:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony
- Benefit Push Up Gel Liner
- Ardell Beauty Wispies Lashes