The biggest beauty event of the year is back and it’s better than ever! Every year, Ulta rounds up Prestige beauty brands to slash one (or sometimes an entire brand) of their products from 25-50% off. Their signature 21 Days of Beauty event is a huge hit every time because it features brands and products that almost never go on sale at the best prices you could possibly imagine. Besides free, of course. Today marked the first day of the fall edition of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty and I’m excited to say that it’s getting off to a great start. Here’s a rundown on all of the Beauty Steals and Hot Buys for the event:
Sunday, September 4
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipgloss now $11 (regularly $22)
- Murad Clarifying Cleanser now $14 (regularly $28)
Monday, September 5
- It Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner now $11 (regularly $22)
- Bare Minerals All Concealers now $10-$11.50 (regularly $20-$23)
Tuesday, September 6
- Lorac Color Source blush or Light Source Highlighter now $11 each (regularly $22)
Wednesday, September 7
- Stila Shape & Shade Contour Duo now $20 (regularly $40)
Thursday, September 8
- Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Extreme! now $17.50 (regularly $35)
- Juice Beauty All Kits now $19.50-$24.50 (regularly $39-$49)
Friday, September 9
- Tarte Lip Sculptor Lipstick & Lip Gloss now $12 (regularly $24)
- Serovital & Unilastin now $55.30-$69.30 (regularly $79-$99)
Saturday, September 10
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duos now $11.50 (regularly $23)
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash now $14 (regularly $28)
Sunday, September 11
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Eyeliner now $10 (regularly $20)
- Strivectin Power Starters Tightening Trio now $44.50 (regularly $89)
Monday, September 12
- Mally Shadow Stick Extra now $12 (regularly $25)
Tuesday, September 13
- Butter London Plush Rush Lipstick, Liner or Gloss now $10 each (regularly $18-$22)
Wednesday, September 14
- It Cosmetics Tightline Black Primer-Mascara now $12 (regularly $24)
Thursday, September 15
- Laura Geller Baked Balance-N-Brighten Foundation now $16.50 (regularly $33)
- Dermalogica Clear Start Kit now $21 (regularly $42)
Friday, September 16
- Smashbox Always Sharp Kohl Eyeliner now $10 (regularly $21)
- Clarisonic Brush Heads buy one get one free (regularly $27-$32)
Saturday, September 17
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blush now $13 (regularly $25)
- Exuviance Entire Brand 25% off now $18-$86.25 (regularly $24-$115)
- Benefit Cosmetics Free Brow Wax with $50 Benefit purchase
Sunday, September 18
- Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Palette now $19.50 (regularly $39)
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser now $7.50 (regularly $15)
Monday, September 19
- Buxom Lash Mascara now $10 (regularly $20)
Tuesday, September 20
- It Brushes for Ulta Buffing Mineral Powder Brush #206 now $15 (regularly $30)
Wednesday, September 21
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss now $9 (regularly $18)
Thursday, September 22
- Smashbox Eyeshadow Primer now $10 (regularly $21)
- DermaDoctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pads with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E now $39 (regularly $78)
Friday, September 23
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Push Up Gel Eyeliner now $12 (regularly $24)
- Too Faced La Matte Lipstick now $11 (regularly $22)
Saturday, September 24
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara now $10 (regularly $21)
- Philosophy All Miracle Worker now $16-$72 (regularly $22-$96)
Platinum Member Beauty Steals
Monday, September 5
- Becca Mineral Blush now $16 (regularly $32) (Online Only)
Sunday, September 11
- LORAC PRO Contour Palette with Contour Brush now $27 (regularly $45)
Monday, September 19
- It Brushes for Ulta Free Airbrush Complexion Perfection #115 with purchase of any It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation ($24 Value) (Online Only)
Ulta Beauty Collection Beauty Steals
- Ulta Beauty Brushes now $5-$10 (regularly $10-$20)
- Ulta Beauty Blush, Bronzers and Illuminators now $4 each (regularly $9-$12)
- Ulta Beauty Single Eyeshadows now $3 (regularly $6-$7)
- Ulta Beauty Foundation now $6 (regularly $12.50-$14)
- Ulta Beauty Lipstick & Lip Gloss now $3.50 (regularly $8-$9)
- Ulta Beauty Mascara now $4 (regularly $10)
- Ulta Beauty Romance Lotion, Body Wash and Mist now $5 (regularly $11.50-$14.50)
- Ulta Beauty Automatic & Gel Pencil Eyeliner now $3 (regularly $8)
- Ulta Beauty Luxe Body Wash, Lotion and Scrub now $7 (regularly $11.50-$19.50)
- Colored Clay CC Under Eye Corrector now $15 (regularly $24)
- Perfecting Face Brush now $14 (regularly $28)
- Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencils now $10 (regularly $20)
- Travel Kit now $27 (regularly $45)
- Iconic Baked Sculpting Lipstick now $15 (regularly $21)
- Photo Op Under Eye Brightener now $10 (regularly $20)
- Beauty Clutch Shadow & Blush Palette now $24 (regularly $39)
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse now $12 (regularly $20)
- Hydro Cooling Firming Face Gels now $17.50 (regularly $35)
- Firming & Lifting Retinol Serum now $51 (regularly $102)
- Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles now $34.50 (regularly $69)
- Cold Plasma Platinum Collection now $125.30 (regularly $179)
- Compact Setting Powder now $13.50 (regularly $27)
Literally every time you blink there’s something new at Ulta. Rather it be Mass or Prestige, there’s a new collection or product popping up everyday that’s bound to catch your eye. One of the most innovative brands at Ulta that’s constantly churning out new products is NYX. This year, they’ve been on a serious roll this year releasing entire lines of new products every season. For fall, NYX has added 2 new gloss formulas, extended the Liquid Suede Lip Cream shade lineup, revamped the High Voltage lipsticks and came out with a new line of lip liners. Trust me when I say it’s a lot!
For the most part, I always get a little excited when I come across a good makeup post on Instagram. It’s usually just a quick little wiggle dance. Or a, “Oop, I’m gonna need that!” But when I saw that Taraji P. Henson was collaborating with MAC to release her own limited edition collection was hollering at my screen. “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! MAC come through!” Yeah, it was intense.
There are a lot of brands out there that don’t always get the love and recognition they deserve and Smashbox is certainly one of them. After discovering the magic of Smashbox recently, I decided to start paying a little more attention to the brand and trying out more products. If their blush and eyeshadow is good stuff then there has to be other hidden gems too, right? Right! Smashbox is actually a solid brand all around in terms of both color and complexion. But what Smashbox really excels in is complexion. For years, Smashbox has received the most love for their extensive collection of primer for all skin types and concerns. However, Smashbox isn’t all primer. They’ve got some other great complexion goodies too!
The eyes are the window to the soul. Whether they’re smokey, natural or winged, your eyes say a lot about you before you even speak. Most days, I like to bust out a quick wing to add a little flair and quick glimpse into my glittering soul. Sometimes, though, I love to go all out with eyeshadow to boost my creativity and express my style. I usually just pick up the eyeshadow palette pick of the day and get to blending but Influenster has given me a new way to play up my eyes–with liquid.
Liquid eyeshadows aren’t new to the makeup world but they haven’t become a huge hit just yet. It seems that this will change very soon as we’re starting to see more liquid eyeshadow formulas from brands like Maybelline and now Giorgio Armani. The Giorgio Armani Eye Tints are a new collection of liquid eyeshadows in neutral shades ranging from beige to green in shimmer and matte finishes. Armani describes the formula as a long lasting tint with the smoothness of a cream that yields intense, vibrant eye looks. The Eye Tints have a very thin, lightweight formula that’s creamy but not too emollient so it doesn’t slide around much at all. Instead, it seems to offer a precise application that’s easy to blend with a pat of a finger or a synthetic brush.
Bobbi Brown is famous for her extensive foundation line and amazing Correctors and Concealers. But a flawless complexion isn’t the only thing she excels at. For years, Bobbi has quietly been killing the highlight game with her iconic Shimmer Bricks that can also be used as a shimmering eyeshadow palette. Before Anastasia Beverly Hills and Becca hit the scene and brought strobing to life Bobbi Brown was chilling in the background making magic happen with her gorgeous Shimmer Bricks. It wasn’t until I became a makeup artist for Bobbi Brown that I discovered the beauty of Shimmer Bricks but it didn’t take me long to appreciate them at all. Bobbi’s Shimmer Bricks are highlight heaven!
Liquid eyeliner is a must have for those early mornings when I just need a quick, intense liner to blend in my falsies and go. That’s it though. I just can’t get with using liquid liner to create my signature cat eye. After years of practice, I can make it happen but it takes a lot more effort and time. Liquid liner is just too messy, too hard to control and sometimes too streaky to give me that sharp, steady wing that fiercely slices through. Every time I try to do a wing with liquid liner, it ends up all over my lids and in the inner corner of my eyes as my hand lightly shakes with anticipation. So much stress!
When I was growing up, I used to be so self-conscious about my big, full lips. I was a very slim girl with a small face and small features. My ears and nose were tiny and cute. But my lips? They stood out like a sore thumb. I was teased a lot about my lips as a kid and as a I grew into a teen I began to hate them. I used to wish my lips were smaller and more dainty. Man, those days were rough!
Now, I look back and laugh because full lips are so in style that people are paying big bucks to have them. If I could go back in time and give my younger self a piece of advice I’d say, “Girl you better flaunt them lips!” Having big lips isn’t a flaw or imperfection. If anything, it’s a blessing because there’s more room for bomb lipsticks and glosses. Just look at Kylie Jenner. She got lip injections and bam! Now she’s a social media sensation with a successful makeup brand. The possibilities of big lips are endless!
Social media is the best thing that’s ever happened to the makeup industry. The best! If we aren’t feeling a product or its packaging, a few comments on Instagram or retweet on Twitter and it’s quickly addressed. Need swatches? A quick hashtag search will pull up more images than even Google can imagine. Social media even makes you feel like you’re bffs with people thousands of miles away you’ve never even met. One of the best parts of social media, though, is the fact that sneak peeks are running wild. On any given day, you can scroll through your feed or hit the explore page on Instagram and there’s pics of a new upcoming release or collection that hasn’t even hit stores yet. I don’t know about you but I love it!
Scrolling through my Instagram feed is almost like Christmas for me. You’d thinking I was texting a special someone the way my eyes light up and my smile beams brightly as I check out all the makeup porn and exclusive sneak peeks of makeup I don’t need but will probably buy anyway. It’s my guilty pleasure! My favorite way to get my makeup fix is to head over to my new buff (in my mind) Jerrod Blandino’s Instagram page to see what’s around the corner for Too Faced.
Is it just me or is Tarte getting a little chummy with YouTubers lately? This year alone, we’ve seen Tarte team up with Grav3Yard Girl, MakeupShayla and Hrush Achemyan. Now they’re teaming up with Nicol Concilio, yet another YouTuber, but this time for a limited edition brush set instead of a palette. I know a lot of people aren’t always a fan of YouTube collaborations for many reasons but as a blogger and YouTube hopeful I can’t help but rock with Tarte for spreading the love and giving these ladies some recognition. Besides MakeupShayla, I’ve never heard of any of the YouTubers Tarte usually features on social media and I had no clue who Grav3Yard Girl or Hrush Achemyan was before Tarte decided to work with them. These “celebrity” endorsements can be annoying at times but Tarte has been making the best of them this year with some pretty good releases. Which leaves me curious to learn about this Nicol Concilio girl and her new limited edition brush set with Tarte.