Now that we’ve got all of my January empties out of the way let’s move on to my faves, shall we? The plan was to get my faves and empties up together. But having a jam packed birthday weekend and then a crippling sinus infection the following week really threw me off. Way off. I’m talking mouth breathing for 4 days straight and putting my pants on backwards for an interview off. LOL!
Needless to say, January was a very long month but a lot of good came from it. Like ringing in the New Year and spending my birthday and Valentine’s Day with my amazing boyfriend. And trying a handful of new products that turned out to be the bomb.com. There’s nothing better than love and good makeup, right?
As a self proclaimed lipstick queen, I have become obsessed with keeping my lips soft, smooth and flake free. There’s nothing worse than finding the perfect lipstick shade, slathering it on and then watching your dry lips flake, peel and pick that poor color apart. It’s heartbreaking! That’s why I rarely hesitate to pick up a new lip scrub here and there whenever I spot one.
Every now and then, I come across a product that doesn’t seem like it’s going to be earth shattering good. Yet I bite the bullet, try it and end up discovering that it’s the best damn thing since sliced bread. Crazy how life works, right?
We all struggle with dry lips from time to time but it seems to be a non-stop plague for me. It drives me crazy! Especially when I have a cute, new lipstick that requires my lips to be flake free to look perfect. Talk about the struggle. That’s why I can’t rave to you guys enough about the Makeup Academy Sugar Lip Scrub and Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey lip balm. Together, they have completely transformed my lips!
This stuff is holy grail, guys! Holy. Grail. The last time I went to CVS I noticed that Makeup Academy had a new display of tinted lip balms that included this Sugar Lip Scrub. I thought, “What the heck. Why not?” Who knew this would turn out to be one of the best impulse buys ever?
You guys know I’m all about the lips! From lipsticks to lip scrubs, I love them all! That’s why I thought it would be a pretty cool idea to share some of my favorite lippies with one of my lucky readers. You guys have been so kind and supportive! I can’t even put in words how appreciative I am so I figured I’d show it in lippies. Thank you and good luck! 😉
In a dream world, every lipstick would be creamy, hydrating and look effortlessly flawless. I’m talking no settling, bleeding or clinging to dry patches. Oh, what a world that would be! I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve tried a lipstick that needed a little polishing to look its best. Thank goodness for lip scrubs! They’re great for scrubbing away flaky, dry skin and helping lipsticks apply smoothly and look their best.
We all know how difficult it can be trying to keep your lips in tip top shape during the cold winter months. The constant chapping, cracking and peeling is enough to drive any lipstick lover batty! Insert Philosophy Kiss Me lip scrub. It’s just heaven in a tube. My lips behave so well when I use this little pink beauty!
I fall for a new product every other day but I’ve run across a few items that I just can’t leave the house without. They’re my purse essentials! I’ve been finding myself obsessing over these products so much I decided to share them with you. Check it out!
Can you believe it’s May already?? This year is blazing by! April was an extremely busy month with me getting another job, wrapping up the semester and kicking off my freelance makeup artist career but I still managed to fall in love with some new goodies!
- MAC Double Definition Extra Dimension Skinfinish – This has become my go to highlighter! It’s super shimmery and gives the most gorgeous bronze glow. Plus it’s like two highlighters in one! It’s a summer MUST HAVE! Check out my full review!
- Lush Mint Julips lip scrub – This is the best lip exfoliator I’ve ever used! It leaves my lips feeling super soft and supple. A miracle for dry, cracked lips! My lipsticks look and wear so much better when I use this scrub prior to application.
- Mirabella Prime Face & Eye primer – I received this primer in my Ipsy December Glam Bag but I wish I would have tried it sooner. I love it! It minimizes my pores and fines lines wonderfully. It’s an excellent makeup base!
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner – I almost forgot how awesome this pencil is! I use it for my brows and I just love it. It’s creamy without being waxy and it looks sooo natural. I’m glad I bought another!
- Milani UltraFine liquid eyeliner – I’m usually not a fan of liquid liners because they’re a little tricky to use but this liner is so easy to use! It’s like a brush but has the sturdiness and feel of a felt tip. I get a clean sharp line every time I use it!
- MAC Silly & Embrace Me lip liners – MAC makes some of the best lip liners! These pencils are super pigmented and creamy. Not to mention they go great with just about every lipstick or own their own!
- MAC Opulash Optimum Black mascara – I honestly only got this mascara because I loved the packaging (LOL) but to my surprise it’s a pretty awesome mascara! It makes my lashes look super long and it adds a bit of volume too! I haven’t touched my Benefit They’re Real mascara since I’ve started using this!
- Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder – OMG HOLY GRAIL! This was the first all over face powder I’ve tried and I can’t get enough of it. It’s very soft, controls shine well and has pretty nice coverage. Not to mention it gives the most flawless finish! It’s so great I actually use it as a foundation!