Day 3: Weird Makeup Tips & Secrets
Day 3 of my 30 Day Makeup Challenge is here and it bears tips for you guys!
1. I’ve learned online that using castor oil on your brows and lashes promotes growth. So I put some on at night and wash it off in the morning. I’ve been doing this for a few months and I definitely see a difference. Both my brows and lashes are much thicker!
2. Brown sugar and water or olive oil can be used as an exfoliator for your lips! It works like a charm and tastes good.
3. Old/spare mascara wands can be used to tame your brows. I use an applicator every morning before I fill in my brows!
4. Prepping for your makeup really can make a difference. Be sure to properly cleanse and moisturize prior to applying your makeup. Even if you have oily skin!
5. Primers are important!! You may not think you need a primer but trust me, you do. They’re not just for helping your makeup last. Primers help smooth out your base and eye primers really make eyeshadows pop!
6. Olive oil makes a great gentle eye makeup remover as well as an excellent moisturizer for your skin. Also, when paired with castor oil, it makes a wonderful organic face cleanser. I use these two oils to wash my face daily!
7. Putting Vaseline on your lips at night will give you the softest most hydrated lips ever in the morning!
8. I just picked up this tip. I haven’t tried it yet but I just had to share it anyway! Oils can serve as an eyelash primer too! I read on Busy Bellas that sweeping mascara wand or q-tip dabbed in a bit of oil gives lashes a nice natural long lash look.