I’m Officially a Makeup Artist!
Yes, you read that right! I’m now a full time makeup artist for Bobbi Brown. Woohoo! It’s so crazy how things happen. I was recently offered the position and, of course, accepted before screaming for about 10 minutes straight. I just love makeup and making women look and feel beautiful so I couldn’t be happier to be joining the Bobbi Brown team. It’s a pretty amazing team to be a part of!
Last week was my first week at the counter and I’ve been having so much fun and learning so much about the brand. I’m a big fan of Bobbi Brown’s Makeup Manual (I’ve read it twice so far) but I’ve only tried like 2 of her powders so I’ve been playing and sampling just about everything. Plus, I’ve been jumping right to it with consultations and makeovers so I’ve already gotten a chance to start feeling out a great deal of products. As you probably know, I’ve been dying to get my welcome kit so I can play and share but in the meantime I’ve made a list of all the products I need in my life. You know how that goes! Here’s my top 5 picks so far:
- CC Cream in Golden Nude I tried a bit of this on the back of my hand and the difference was crazy! The formula and coverage are lightweight but it still seems to even out my complexion while making it look brighter and giving it a nice luminous sheen. Not to mention, the color seems to be a great match for my skin tone!
- Extra Balm Rinse This is pretty much an ultra hydrating makeup remover and cleanser in one (think Chanel Cleansing Milk) that I’ve been obsessed with lately. It removes pretty much all of my makeup and makes my skin feel so soft and supple afterwards. I already have about 3 samples on hand until I get my card in the mail. It’s soo good!
- Tinted Eye Brightener in Deep Peach I don’t have serious dark circles but I do have a seriously annoying dark spot under my left eye that can be difficult to conceal so I played around with the correctors a bit. I ended up liking the cream but ended up getting addicted to the Tinted Eye Brightener. It really neutralizes dark spots and brightens them. I can’t wait to really try it out!
- Vitamin Enriched Face Base I was initially intrigued by the delicious smell but this stuff is pretty hydrating and makes a great base for makeup too! It really smooths out the skin and lightly plumps my fine lines for a smoother makeup application. It’s pretty much a moisturizer and primer in one. Who couldn’t use that?
- Pot Rouge in Chocolate Cherry This blush is simply beautiful! It’s a deep wine with brown undertones that looks amazing on pretty much all complexions. But especially brown skin. It adds a nice touch of color and warmth yet still looks really natural. I absolutely have to have it!
Have you tried any Bobbi Brown products? What are your faves?
32 Thoughts to “I’m Officially a Makeup Artist!”
Congratulations! That’s exciting!
Oh Fancie this is wonderful news!!!!! NO more spraying perfume from DIOR!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I’m so proud that you’re in the REAL DEAL NOW!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
Yaaaaaaas!! I couldn’t wait to get out of the fragrance department LOL. It wasn’t my scene and it wasn’t even what I applied for. I’m so glad I took a leap of faith. Thank you for your kind words and support, Gina. I really appreciate it!!
You are SO Welcome sweetheart. You deserve it! Your diligence has paid off. When we dedicate ourselves to something, and have faith – and then we take action, our efforts always pay off. Good for you Fancie for believing in yourself and taking action. I just think that BB will be such a much more supportive environment for you anyway — Dior is so stuffy and too many rules. I don’t know why, call it intuition but I just don’t see you getting the break that you needed there as a WOC. I might be wrong, but as I see it, it’s predominately pastey pale!!! If you catch my meaning!! A little uppity for my taste. BB is much more open and inviting, and open for growth for you. The bottom line is God knows what He is doing girl!!!
Thank you, Rachel!
You’re welcome. How are you liking it so far?
CONGRATULATIONS Fancie!!! That’s SO exciting! So happy for you <3
Thank you so much!!
Aww yeahy congratulations!!!
Yayyy Fancie, congratulations, I’m happy for you!!! Sounds very exciting!!!
Oh my goodness!!! Congrats, Fancie, you totally deserve it!! <3 <3
Thank you, Zovesta! You’re so sweet 🙂
Congrats Fancie!!! I’m so happy for you! I’m sure you worked super hard to make it happen. I do love her Gel Eyeliner (the one that comes in a pot), it stays like crazy on my oily lids, but I haven’t tried much, so looking forward to your recommendations, which sound very intriguing. Congrats again <3
Thank you!! I made a bee line to the new gel liner display on my first day lol. I don’t know why I find them so addicting. She makes some of the prettiest colors though. Black Ink is a no brainer but I’ve also been playing with Black Scotch lately and it’s so darn pretty. I had to add it to my list lol. This job is going to be so dangerous!
LMAO I can totally see you….kid in a candy store 🙂
Lmao it’s funny. I’ve been there almost a month and I’m still like that every shift. I don’t think I’ll ever get over being around all that damn makeup LOL
Congratulations!!! I love Bobbi Brown. I am over 50 and I love her makeup. You appear to be similar to me in skin tone so I will try out your picks. Take care.
Thank you! I think you’d really like Chocolate Cherry. I’ve already sold about 4 of them to WOC. It looks so gorgeous on brown skin
I’m so happy for you! Congratulations, my friend 🙂
Thank you so much Vanessa!
Congrats are in order, Fancie!!! And I love the fact that you’re working for Bobbi Brown as apposed to MAC. Seems like everyone and their momma applies to MAC. No tea no shade but Bobbi Brown is one of the few that tends to Women of color. I don’t own any BB sadly but I need to check out the picks you recommended. 🙂
Thank you!! Honestly, I wanted to apply for MAC but the postings are hard to find and I’m not the kind of person to go through hoops for jobs anymore lol. Initially, I applied for another brand that ended up getting filled but dept manager liked me so much she recommended me for the BB position and it all worked out. Truth be told, I’m glad that’s where I ended up. I hadn’t really tried her products myself but I spent my first day getting to know the products and I’m thoroughly impressed. Bobbi is VERY WOC friendly! I damn near lost my mind swatching stuff LOL. Her products are really slept on. I’m glad I’m getting to opportunity to branch out and share some new things with you guys.
Congrats Miss Lady!
Thank you, Jessica!
Comments are closed.