Ipsy Generation Beauty LA 2016 Round Up
If I had to sum up this year’s Ipsy Generation Beauty LA in one word it would be, “Whoa!” It was a ton of fun but boy was it overwhelming! This was my first time ever hitting a beauty conference so when I received an email for an exclusive invite to hit Gen Beauty LA this year I nearly jumped out of my skin. Just the thought of rubbing elbows with some of the most popular beauty bloggers and vloggers had my stomach doing backflips. It was all so new to me!
Although I invited my BFFs to journey to LA with me, the ticket excluded a plus one so I showed up solo–like a deer in headlights. LA is huge and the venue where the conference took place was so confusing that I showed up super late. So late that I missed my favorite YouTuber, MakeupShayla. * cue the Kim Kardashian cry face and violins *
Needless to say, I was off to a very rough start. However, things got a lot better when I bumped into beauty influencer Chauncea and her mom who were so sweet and amazing that my nerves instantly subsided. They’ve been to beauty conferences all over the world including London and Dubai so I felt right at home with them as they whisked me through the room to hit the hottest booths and meet the most talented people ever. It was everything!
I got a chance to check out my favorite brands in person like Too Faced and Milani while also getting to know other brands like DermaE, Belief, Ofra Cosmetics and more. But the highlight of my day (ya know, besides all the beautiful people) was definitely the goodie bags. They were loaded! Pretty much every booth was giving away free goodies along with offering some amazing discounts. Since I’ve been losing my mind at Ulta these days I tried my best to contain myself and only pick up the full size bottle of Pixi Glow Tonic. Which turned out to be a smart idea anyway considering all of the free goodies I racked up damn near made my luggage 10 pounds overweight! ?
I received a ton of skin and hair care goodies including:
- Derma E Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
- eSalon Perfect Ending Leave In Conditioner
- NuMe Hair Chalk in Peach Cobbler
- Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream
- Rock Your Hair Spray It Clean Dry Shampoo
- Marc Anthony Clear Dry Shampoo
- Pūr~Lisse Blue Lotus 4~in~1 Eye Adore Serum
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
- Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask
- eSalon Tinted Love Color Enhancing Treatment
- Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray
- Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash
- OUAI Treatment Hair Mask
- Belief The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- Belief The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
Along with all the skin and hair care brands present there were plenty of makeup brands in attendance and they were feeling mighty generous too. Brands like Pixi, Milani and more also tossed in some free eye goodies including:
- Milani Lash Trifecta Mascara
- Ardell Glamour Lashes 122 & 113
- Ardell Double Up Lashes 201
- Ardell Natural Lashes 110
- Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara
- Pixi Mini Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Sunny Bronze
- Gállány First Class Lash Private Jet Black
- Jouer Kitten Liner Liquid Eyeliner
- Luxe 211 Concealer Brush
Even some of the higher end brands showed a little love like Tarte, Too Faced and NudeStix who gave away free full sized lipsticks! And they were shades I totally wanted to buy anyway so it was a complete win, win. The goodies included:
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream in Natural Glow
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Metallic Candy Bar Liquified Lipstick
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Yaassss
- Absolute New York Velvet Lippie in Wicked
- NudeStix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in Raven
- Ofra Cosmetics Kathleen Lights Havana Nights Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick
- Gállány Creme Satin Lipstick in Red
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm
I’m still pretty overwhelmed by the experience of my first beauty conference at Ipsy Gen Beauty LA and the massive amount of goodies but I can’t deny that I had a wonderful time. And I’ve already cracked open some of my goodies to play with before heading back to the usual grind back at Ulta. I can’t wait to spill all the details on everything and let you know what I think about these new goodies!
Did you hit Ipsy Generation Beauty LA this year? Or have you ever attended a beauty conference?
2 Thoughts to “Ipsy Generation Beauty LA 2016 Round Up”
Anyone can attend? You mentioned you received an invite but was that a free ticket because you blog? Was it sold out? Btw have you ever attended any Beautycons?
I think Gen Beauty is only for beauty creators. I received an invite from Ipsy’s Open Studios and from what I seen, there were only bloggers/vloggers and influencers present. And yes it sold out rather quickly. I almost missed out because I forgot to RSVP lol. This was my first beauty convention and it was a crazy experience but definitely a lot of fun! I look forward to hitting Beauty Con, IMATS and the Makeup Show next. Have you ever been to one?
Comments are closed.